Sunday, April 11, 2010

Updated Schedule for First 4-week sequence: Salsa & Ballroom

We are happy to announce the official 4-week schedule for the first part of the quarter:

Salsa:
Classes will be held in the Cloister Club in Ida Noyes Hall
Mondays - April 12th, 19th, 26th, and May 3rd

7pm - Beginners I with Erin and Sheila. Pre-requisites: None!
8pm - Continuing I with James S and Mary. Pre-requisites: Completion of Beginners I and II or instructor approval.
9pm - Open Salsa (Free!)
9:30pm - Intermediate I with James M and Joy. Pre-requisites: Completion of Beginners I and II AND Continuing I and II, or instructor approval.

$16 w/UCID; $20 w/o UCID (whole sequence - no people admitted after the 2nd week)
$60 for a Quarter Membership (all classes & parties)

Ballroom:
Classes will be held in the East Lounge in Ida Noyes Hall
Sundays – Apr. 18 and 25; May 2, 9, and 16

5 pm – 6:30 pm: Advanced Social Ballroom with Matt Rivers. Learn Foxtrot, Jive and Samba Pre-requisites: Completion of Beginner’s Ballroom or instructor approval.

6:30 pm – 8 pm: Beginner’s Ballroom with  Chloe and Lisa Learn Rumba, Jive, and Cha-Cha.
Pre-requisites: None!

$4 w/UCID; $5 w/o UCID per class
$60 for a Quarter Membership (all classes & parties)

f you would like to participate in the Salsa Performance group, please email Felipe Marin at fmarinp@uchicago.edu. If you would like to participate in the Competitive Ballroom
Team, please email Chloe Zhu at chloez@uchicago.edu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to find the rueda group but they were not there. The 1st class was cancelled. I was there when the guy was posting the notice. I missed the next week but today there was noone. Did the entire class get cancelled or was the day moved? I am very interested. Thanks, Debbie